- Development of BubbleG has stopped. You can still use the last stable version (bubbleg-0.39.tar.bz2).
- feb 18 2008 : BubbleG is now registered on Gna!.
- aug 19 2007 : GLFW now takes care of window management and user input.
- jul 19 2007 : GLFW will probably be used instead of glut or SDL for window management and threads.
BubbleG is a framework for developing interactive 3D graphics applications. It is designed to be simple and extensible. it is a library written in Python/C++ with OpenGL in order to provide reasonably high performance, while still being easy to use (As it turns out, it was a rather bad idea to use more than one language in the same program, even if the choice seemed justified at the time).
- Window management in one simple line : “open_display()”.
- 3D rendering : from simple triangles to vertex arrays.
- Object oriented : self explanatory.
- Free Software : released under the terms of the GPLv2 or any later version.