- January 14 2009 : Development of eyeOS-Realfs has stopped. You can still use the last stable version provided at the bottom of this page.
- January 23 2008 : [revision] A bug that prevented eyeFiles from launching properly has been fixed. The tree available on the left of the eyeFiles panel is now limited to directories accessible from your home and will not go any further.
- January 19 2008 : New version of eyeOS-Realfs based on the new version of eyeOS 126.96.36.199.
- December 31 2007 : [revision] Fixed permissions. download eyeOS-Realfs-188.8.131.52-r2.eyepackage to upgrade from the original version of eyeOS or from eyeOS-Realfs-184.108.40.206.
- December 25 2007 : New version of eyeOS-Realfs based on the new version of eyeOS 220.127.116.11.
- August 24 2007 : [ revision] Fixed eyeInstaller. eyepackages can now be installed normaly.
- August 12 2007 : EyeOS-Realfs is ready !
A Modified version of EyeOS using the real host file system. Regular files stored on the server can be accessed or uploaded using the usual applications. Available under the GPL v3.
Don’t hesitate to tell me About your experience with eyeOS-Realfs even if everything works fine ! Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Latest version is 18.104.22.168-r1.
3 files have been modified :
Consequences of this modification may include :
- filenames are no longer protected with a md5 hash.
- the lack of consistent permission management for user files.
- incompatibilities with eyeOS apps.
Any user using EyeOS-Realfs has the same privileges as the web server running eyeOS. If the server is running as root This is a very serious security risk. Make sure you know what you are doing !
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details
- Download eyeOS-Realfs (file ) in your desired format (.tar.gz or .zip)
- Extract its contents to a local directory
- Upload all its contents to your web server
- Give correct permissions to install.php, eyeOSxxxx.eyePackage and the folder where you have put them
- From your browser, launch install.php and follow the instructions
Giving users access to a folder on the server
You only need to make a symbolic link. It must be placed in the user’s files folder (users/xxx/<username>/files).
Here is an example using linux to make the /home/foo folder accessible from the root eyeOS account:
$ ln -s /home/foo users/rt4/root/files/foo
-  Complete EyeOS-Realfs package :
eyeos-realfs-22.214.171.124-r1.tar.gz or eyeos-realfs-126.96.36.199-r1.zip
-  Only the modified files : eyeos-realfs-1.5-r1.eyepackage
-  The original work as required by the GPL : eyeos_1.5.0.tar.gz
version based on eyeOS 188.8.131.52
-  Complete EyeOS-Realfs package : eyeos-realfs-184.108.40.206-r2.tar.gz or eyeos-realfs-220.127.116.11-r2.zip
-  Only the modified files : eyeos-realfs-18.104.22.168-r2.eyepackage
-  The original work as required by the GPL : eyeos_22.214.171.124.tar.gz